Thursday, January 29, 2009

A frozen treat...you may not have thought of before.

I have to give credit where it is due...
my great friend, Jill, shared this with me
years ago, and my kids went crazy over it.
so, Grapes are on sale at Ralphs/Kroger for
$.88/lb this week, so I really stocked up.
In fact, I'm going back tonight for more.


so you bring them home, and of course rinse them.
(these are actually my leftovers, that I'm gonna
bag up for tomorrows picnic.)


then you pick the grapes off, only keeping the
good ones, of course. (I have bagged some already,
as you can see. I leave a few single servings in the
fridge for an easy snack.)
Then fill up a cookie sheet, or two with the grapes.
Sprinkle a little sugar...maybe a TBSP per lb. I did
3 TBSP for this batch. then stick in your freezer for
about 30 min. Pull out, and dump them into a FREEZER
bag and store until your ready to eat.
They are SOOOO yummy frozen. We LOVE them at our house.
and it ends up being a cheap snack if you get the grapes this
cheap.
Hope you like them as much as we do.
Thanks for sharing this with us Jill.
(works for green grapes too, we just favor the Red ones.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julie Avery said...

ah---your pics totally remind me of jane's blog. love it. what's this--OMAC? haha.